9:00 – 9:50
CIO Discussion Panel: 2012 and Beyond - What Does the Future Hold for a CIO and Their Departments?
With continued economic uncertainty, more CIOs are conducting a cost/benefit analysis to ensure new IT investments truly add value to the business. How can CIOs drive the IT strategy forward and enable the business to fully benefit from the latest technology available? Where is the IT function moving in terms of business strategy and how do CIOs see their role developing in the future? How do the European Commission’s Digital Agenda and the new version of COBIT impact the IT function?
In this session, our expert speaker panel will discuss the future direction of the role of CIO and the IT function in the organisation.
- What topics should be vital for your IT strategy? How can you re-invigorate legacy systems?
- What are the trends and new technologies that will affect your IT organisation?
- What are the implications of global economical uncertainty on IT investments and the future direction of the function? What strategies for improving business processes can you implement while faced with cost pressures/controls?
- How to effectively manage IT to ensure it is leveraged across the enterprise?
- CIO the new CxO...?
How do you Maintain a High Level of IT Operations during M&A and Business Reorganisation?
M&A and business restructure can significantly disturb IT operations. This session will examine how to best organise your IT during major events while maintaining undisturbed support and speedy access to data and applications.
- Defining the future vision of IT capability
- Do you integrate existing legacy infrastructure or do you replace it? Cost considerations for replacement versus management of the integration project
- Using M&A/reorganisation as an opportunity to strengthen IT capability and operations
Effective Risk Management and IT Compliance
Regulatory compliance has become a significant burden for many organizations. Financial services, energy, pharmaceutical industries in particular being highly regulated sectors. This session will examine how our organisation mitigates financial, operational and compliance risks while complying with a number of Nordic, EU and US regulatory requirements.
- Impact of financial crisis on regulatory oversight
- Complexity of regulatory control in an international financial services business
- How do we measure our IT operational risks
- Budgetary and technical consequences of heightened operational risk focus
- Managing the risks and a growth agenda
GE Money Bank Denmark
10:30 – 10:50
10:50 – 11:20
11:20 – 11:50
Building a Cloud-Happy Future - Resolving the Issues Hindering the Realisation of the Full Benefits of Cloud
Chief Information Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
11:50 – 12:20
12:20 – 12:50
12:50 – 13:50
13:50 – 14:30
Cost Reduction through Transparency
Blindly cutting IT spend now may down the line increase costs and compromise value creation. How can we strike a balance between controlling the pace of investment, minimizing recurring costs, and optimizing total cost in relation to value obtained?
In this masterclass, we answer these questions by reviewing cost categories, perspectives on value, and the mechanisms that drive them. Particular attention is given to bespoke software applications and customization of standard software packages. You will learn how to build a pragmatic IT portfolio measurement model that provides sufficient transparency to take cost reduction decisions that work.
Head of Research
Software Improvement Group
14:30 – 15:10
Case Study: Moving from an IT Centric to Customer Centric Business Model
Why we have moved to this model in our company
What's our strategy
Case study: Implementing the change from an IT centric towards a customer centric model, investigating:
- Our experiences
- Do's and Don'ts
15:10 – 15:20
15:20 – 16:00
Improving your Organisation’s Information Security and Resilience to Breaches
The CISO in this session will discuss what strategies should be implemented in order to ensure information security in a global organisation.
The session will address the following:
- Identifying current burning IT security threats
- Can you guarantee information security in the era of new technologies?
- Implementing effective cross-departmental collaboration and security awareness training
16:00 – 16:20
16:20 – 16:50
16:50 – 17:20
IT Investments - Delivering Innovation and Agility when Budgets are Squeezed
17:20 – 18:20
17:50 – 18:20
18:20 – 19:00
IT Governance & Shadow IT - How Can you Control, Manage and Potentially Benefit from the Use of Unofficial IT in Your Organisation?
The existence of shadow IT and lack of controls poses a significant challenge for CIOs as the use of unofficial IT brings major risk and security issues. However, there are also opportunities that can arise from shadow IT and developing an integrated and practical approach to control shadow IT is a prerequisite to building an effective, efficient, transparent and compliant IT organization.
In this session Professor Rentrop will draw on his results of the research on shadow IT in organisations and will examine the following:
- What does the existence of shadow IT mean for organisations?
- Does IT management have an influence on the growth or reduction of shadow IT?
- What approach can CIOs take to hand the increasing phenomenon of shadow IT?
Professor Christopher Rentrop
19:00 – 20:00
20:00 – 22:00
Networking Evening Dinner
[ Request an invitation ] • [ Next: Day Two: Tuesday 18th September 2012 ]